Thursday, February 5, 2009

HappiNess is This...


Happy Valentines!

The past few days have been glorious...Gavin's two teeth arrived and we are enjoying the respite before the last two come on. Alas, we can see the molars at the end of the tunnel! And the weather has been so warm ~65 degrees...

We spent the entire week outdoors at either the park, where I played pony, went down too many slides not suited for the size of my butt, and helped Gavin pick up trash (he hates it when there is junk all over the playground.) We went hiking today up the hill behind our house and saw a great deal of elk sign; huge piles of the good stuff, some fresh prints etc. We have had a small herd sleeping at the base of our driveway for a couple of weeks and narrowly missed a cow elk the other night. My Expedition would have never been the same! I think the days of me carrying Gavin in his Deuter backpack are slowly coming to an end. He hikes farther every month and only needs a bit of help here and there where the incline is challenging. I dare say, he can hike farther than most of our adult friends!

Alas, another holiday arrives. The last two nights have been filled with all there is Valentines. The entire family has been making hearts, pasting them on the windows, the dogs, each other and gifts for others. Tomorrow, it is our turn to take a snack to Montessori for the twelve kiddo's. Last time it was homemade peanut butter smoothies (huge, I mean huge hit, they flog me about it every time I go in there now). Alas, Gavin wanted some homemade granola and thus I made a batch and added the Sweetheart candies with the cheesy sayings "call me", "be mine" "I am a loser." (kidding.) Anyway, Daddy had too help us make serving vessels so the goodies don't end up all over the floor. Cereal bowls just don't work for kids on the go, so he made little paper cones in pink and red with stickers. Eric teased me and ask if the other kids will even eat granola! Gavin is such a healthy eater... Lastly, we finished all the cards for Gav's friends, so I think we are set for the holidays. (We will work on Daddy's surprise next week: cupcakes with red hots, some chocolates and a big card for Gavin to color.) Adult Valentines will not be included in this message! However, we are going OUT as Grandma Geri is babysitting for us while staying over! YEAH, an adult evening out.

2 comments:

  1. Valentines Day, huh? Boy, that would have slipped right past us! We are missing you guys!

    Love Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day you all. Way to go Gavin! A wonderful job Nessa. It's just beautiful. All of it. Very entertaining. From Dorothy and john: dotnjohn@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete