Thursday, January 29, 2009

Mommy Wolf


Wow. What a week it has been around our place. Imagine a roller-coaster ride, one minute you are laughing and the next you are screaming, about to barf and ready to jump off. If you can imagine this sort of event, you can imagine my week as ~ Wolf-Pack Mommy. I have entitled this the Mommy Wolf post because it seems as though all I have done is bare my fangs for seven consecutive days. Clearly, not one of my better weeks. And, no, I can't blame my hormones. Darn.

I think I have said "I told you not to do that..." at the top of my lungs enough to worry our neighbors who are 5 acres away. Our normally easy-going boy is enduring another teething cycle and it has been really rough on us all. We can't believe how much this kid has endured regarding his teeth and we wonder daily "is this kid a wolf or a human?" He is only suppose to get twenty teeth in total but his second year molars are stubborn and HUGE. Maybe sometime in 2009 they will actually appear. I shall take him into the dentist in February to get the "professional", often not very specific update. Until then, I am on full alert as all we are hearing is "I want Mommy to do it..." whatever the "it" is at the time. God Bless him, he made it through all the holidays and a trip to the Caribbean feeling like a million bucks. Another blessing, he has still been sleeping well at his usual 13.5 hours per day. I know I am very fortunate in this regard so my ability to bitch is short-lived at best. After all, the nap isn't for the kid, it's for the MOM. Alas, this like other challenges at each age, shall pass, and is brushed with very funny moments we will likely not forget.

Last night, we escaped the den and had a date night while our lovely Canadian neighbor babysat. They both had great fun and agreed to come back next month for the same. She is one block away and free. Plus Gavin just loves his Ms. June and she can run circles around him: (She is 72 and a Senior Olympic Gold Swimmer.) He tires way before she does...

Our mud-room endeavor is complete. We spent most of the afternoon on Saturday, trimming out the doors, cleaning up sheet rock powder, putting in door knobs and moving stuff back into the area. Eric plans to tile it and complete the finish work this month. It seems as though we always have some project too keep us busy.

Today, once Eric and Gavin wake up from naps, we are off to a friends for the Super_Snack Bowl~ as Eric loves the game, but I love the homemade snackage. I am cheering for the Steelers, (entirely ignorant of either team) in support of my Bro-In-Law, Doug, and my Sister who are sailing between islands in Mexico with limited access. Go STEELERS!

2 comments:

  1. HI WOLF PACK MOM--THIS TOO SHALL PASS --I REMEMBER TIMES LIKE THIS AND DID SURVIVE--YOU ARE SUCH GOOD PARENTS -GAVIN IS BLESSED TO HAVE YOU BOTH AS PARENTS--HANG IN - KEEPING YOU IN MY PRAYERS.
    lOVE MOM(GERI)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about those Steelers! Wish we could have shared the fun with you! Love Carla

    ReplyDelete