|Ethen and I back-packing the Eagle Caps|
Oregon Ala Ness
- Getting less than 30 yards from a bear who was intently grazing on wild raspberries (it is berry season in Oregon and Washington.)
- Watching Ethen's face when he saw the bear...priceless.
- 2 a.m. hunt for my headlamp in our tent to find out what the hell was sniffing my hair...believe it was another bear.
- Watching Ethen hang his first bear-bag, at my request, after we had shared a few nips from his flask...hilarious.
- Consuming fresh salmon, oysters, micro brew and berries around the clock.
- Going tinkle at dusk and realizing the mosquito's would attack the only flesh on my body not covered in DEET! Quickest pottie break of my life!
- The beauty and solitude of this Wilderness area was a winning combo I have not found in Glacier or Yellowstone, particularly during the busy summer months. You GOTTA go!
|Traditional Swedish Dance.|
|Eric and the Minions who make camp happen.|
Canada Ala Eric
- Golfing with my Cousin Scott and barley being able to swing my club at the 18th hole! Nice Balls Scott!
- Using a skidster to remove bras from the camp flagpole.
- As unofficial camp photographer taking more than 1500 of pictures for the Vasa Camp Slide show.
- My amazement in my 97 year-old Grandmother: still crushing us at card games, telling incredible stories and physically fit!
|Ben, Gavin and Alec.|